At Sat, 10 Feb 2024 18:19:40 -0800 John Ralls <jra...@ceridwen.us> wrote:

> > On Feb 10, 2024, at 5:19 PM, Robert Heller <hel...@deepsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > Always when hitting the reconcile button on a credit card account:
> >
> > Could not determine the accessibility bus address
> > **
> > gnc.gui:ERROR:/home/heller/gnucash-4.14/gnucash/gnome-utils/dialog-transfer.c:2297:gnc_xfer_dialog_run_until_done:
> >
> > assertion failed: (count == 1)
> > Bail out!
> > gnc.gui:ERROR:/home/heller/gnucash-4.14/gnucash/gnome-utils/dialog-transfer.c:2297:gnc_xfer_dialog_run_until_done:
> >
> > assertion failed: (count == 1)
> > Could not determine the accessibility bus address
> > **
> > gnc.gui:ERROR:/home/heller/gnucash-4.14/gnucash/gnome-utils/dialog-transfer.c:2297:gnc_xfer_dialog_run_until_done:
> >
> > assertion failed: (count == 1)
> > Bail out!
> > gnc.gui:ERROR:/home/heller/gnucash-4.14/gnucash/gnome-utils/dialog-transfer.c:2297:gnc_xfer_dialog_run_until_done:
> >
> > assertion failed: (count == 1)
> >
> > Things work fine after restarting...
>
> Restarting GnuCash or the computer?

GnuCash.  (I'm on Linux, not MS-Windows -- I don't randomly reboot my Linux
machines.)

> The accessibility bus message probably indicates that the DBUS session has
> quit for some reason. That part would be external to GnuCash.
>
> The assertion that's failing is about the result of
>  count = g_signal_handlers_disconnect_by_func(dialog,
>                                               gnc_xfer_dialog_response_cb,
>                                               xferData);
> There should be exactly 1 handler using that gnc_xfer_dialog_response_cb
> connected to the signal. It there aren't either the transfer dialog is trying
> to run more than one instance (count > 1) or the the handler is already
> disconnected (count == 0). I don't think connecting or failing to connect to
> the accessibility bus would affect that, but I don't know what would cause it.

Is it possible that the transfer dialog might have slipped "underneath" the
account window?  I *think* I have properly *Cancel*ed the (extranious)
transfer dialogs that popup when I reconcile credit accounts, but on at one
occasion I missed the cancel button and just "raised" the account window over
the dialog window (I caught that and retried the Cancel button).  The tranfer
dialog popups up *both* before the reconcilation dialog and after it (why?).

--
Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364
hel...@deepsoft.com       -- Webhosting Services