I installed GnuCash from flathub. I'm running GnuCash v5.5. Finance::Quote is v1.58.

In the security editor, in the "currencies" namespace, gold is listed under symbol XAU.

I have the box checked for "Get Online Quotes."
"Type of quote source" is Single --> Currency

Whenever I click "Get Quotes" in the price database, the price for gold fails with this error:

"Quotes for the following commodities were unavailable or unusable:
* CURRENCY:XAU Finance::Quote reported failure set no error."

I have quotes for Canadian dollars set up identically and those work fine when I update the quotes. Does anyone know how to configure this to retrieve gold prices?

If it helps, I do have an Alphavantage API key and use that all the time to update stock prices.

Thank you!