On 3/11/2024 10:13 AM, Alan Johnson via gnucash-user wrote:
I've looked at odoo, but haven't decided to pull the trigger on it. To
use the sales/accounting features you need to subscribe and I'm not
ready for that yet with my business needs.

Well ... if it is really "open software" they would have to make the source code available for free (technically can charge reasonable cost for a copy on medium -- the 'rule" was made before we got things by download). The "open software" rules do NOT forbid charging for providing executables, support, etc. The originally concept was that nobody could charge excessively for that or somebody else would step in and provide at a more reasonable price. Yes, I am old enough to have followed the original "open software" discussions real time.

Michael D Novack