All,

I've written a small tool that augments the Gnucash security editor. Currently
it has
only one noteworthy feature: adding a stock ticker by automatically looking it
up by
ISIN:

$ tickers add test.gnucash US6903701018
+-----------+----------------+--------+----------------+----------------+----------+
| Namespace | Name           | Symbol | Display Symbol | ISIN           |
Fraction |
+-----------+----------------+--------+----------------+----------------+----------+
| NYQ       | Beyond, Inc.   | BYON   | BYON           | US6903701018   |
1/10000  |
+-----------+----------------+--------+----------------+----------------+----------+
Do you want to add this security? (yes/no) [no] y

I also plan to add import/export features. My personal use-case is to migrate a
security database from one Gnucash book to another.

The code is on Github[1] and also might be a good start if you were ever
interested
in writing Python programs using Gnucash bindings.

Let me know if you have any questions. If this is something that could be
useful to
you too, feel free to try it out and file issue reports if you encounter any
problems.

Best regards,
--

Edward