On Thu, May 23, 2024 at 11:45 AM Joe Padavic <jpada...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a few questions:
>
> Is there a way to reset the splash page?
> I have Quickbook 2021 Pro.
> There aren't any QIF files, but I can create IIF files. Can these be used
> for importing into GNUCASH?
> If so, should I create individual IIF files for each type of file to import
> or can I select all files and create 1 IIF file?
> How do I import existing bank transactions (checking, Credit Card) from QB
> 2021?
> When I'm ready to import transactions from my back, where will the
> activity start?

Welcome! (also, don't forget to do reply-all, not just reply)

I'm not sure what you mean by "reset the splash page"?  Do you want to show
up again? Do you want to turn it off? Do you want to edit it? I've just
left the splash page. If it can be turned off, there is probably a button
to disable or enable it; you can have fun with the settings.

Regarding importing, consider if you need to do any importing. I changed
from Quicken to Gnucash by ceasing to use Quicken and starting to use
Gnucash. I figured that I could always run Quicken if I really needed to
look something up, and I didn't (that's been some years ago). However, if
you have stocks or mutual funds and you need to track gains/losses, you may
need to import at least that data. I only had a few such items, so I merely
hand-entered the transactions.