Basically 100% bet that you're talking about Bug 799668

This has been discussed in this forum extensively.

For example, last week on August 25:

https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2026-August/121563.html

There are many other messages here, but the solutions are all basically the 
same: Delete the GnuCash directory.

Always, always backup any and all important data. Search "1-2-3 backup 
strategy" for some information about how to maintain backups. The GnuCash 
documentation/wiki also has information about how to backup your GnuCash files.

> On 09/04/2026 9:39 AM PDT Robert Jungkind <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>  
> Recently I noticed that I was running 5.8 and the latest version is 5.16. 
> Installed 5.16 and got the attached message.
> Reinstalled the old version and everything ok.
>  
> To find out where the problem starts, I started to install step by step, from 
> 5.8 to 5.9, then to 5.10 and so on.
>  
> After installing 5.12 the same happened, the new version did not open and the 
> same message.
>  
> Is this a known flaw? Where can I find information how to overcome it?
>  
> Thanks
>  
> Robert
>  
>
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to