Thanks Wm, I'll run that SQL on my personal book which is using SQLite.
I'm sure I can decompress this business book's XML and craft a nifty
grep to do the same.
Regards,
Adrien
On 10/3/26 05:17, Wm Tarr wrote:
I was never able to get End of Current Month to work when I was using
the business features. The word Proximo isn't commonly used here in the
UK but always uses the next month so it can't be that. So it has to be
Days which isn't going to work either. My use was on the sales side so
I just put the terms in text in the body which was OK for me as I never
had enough invoices I couldn't keep track of their due dates.
Anyway, I just had a play on a copy of an old book that used the
business features and I don't think you can do what you want to do so
perhaps you should revive the RFE?
P.S. here is some SQL to list invoice id and billing terms, let me know
if it does what you need
===
select id, name
from invoices, billterms
where billterms.guid = terms
===
Wm
On 2026-10-02 20:23, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
I have several vendors where payment is due at the end of the current
month of the date of their Bill to me. It doesn't matter what day of
the month I select. The result is always that the Date Due is set to
the end of the following month. (note, I found an old RFE to add this
very behavior, but its status was still not closed: https://
bugs.gnucash.org/show_bug.cgi?id=670215, so not sure if any action was
taken, or just an oversight to close it.)
I'm sure it is something I'm setting incorrectly, but I can't quite
figure the culprit.
This Billing Term is currently set as:
Type: Days
Due Days: 30
Discount Days: 0
Discount %: 0
(Note, if I enter a bill dated the 7th, it doesn't set the Due Date
30-days hence. It sets it as the 30th of the *following* month, which
I find odd on its own, especially since I also have Net30/60/90 terms
defined with the same settings, and those work as expected--30/60/90
days hence)
I'm sure the Due Days setting is the culprit, but when I look at
changing it from type:Days to type:Proximo, it gets more confusing:
Due Day:?? (supposed to be the day of the month bill is due, but that
isn't a static number)
Discount Day & % aren't relevant to me here.
Cutoff Day might, but I think I want it at '0' because I always want
this to be the end of the 'current' month. (at least so far, but this
would help if I have a case for 'end of next month' terms.)
I did a trial setting Proximo, Due Day: 30 and Cutoff: -1, but that
didn't work either.
Ideas? Suggestions?
-----
Also, I tried to delete the Billing Term and re-create it, but it
tells me it is in-use. There are no pending, non-paid documents using
it, but I suppose it applies to any historical document. (not sure why
since it is 'finished with') Unfortunately, I don't see a way to find
*which* documents are using that Billing Term, so I have quite the
haystack to sift through. (though perhaps some crafty 'find' on the
XML file directly might do the trick)
Regards,
Adrien
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.