A quick search turned up a very in depth discussion on these lists earlier this 
year:
<https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2026-February/119669.html>

You might give that a read and see if it helps. 

David T. 

On October 5, 2026 9:57:41 PM GMT+05:30, Nancy Moore <[email protected]> wrote:
>    How do I record a stock spin-off (it's sort of like a split)?  CTVA
>spun off VYLR--I received the same number of shares in VYLR as I had (and
>still have) in CTVA. But the bulk of the CTVA cost basis moved to VYLR.
>_______________________________________________
>gnucash-user mailing list
>[email protected]
>To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
>https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
>-----
>Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
>You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to