Sorry for the delay in getting your message posted. The Mailman software
at SourceForge found it suscpicious for some reason. I am quite busy and
don't check the mailing list for held posts that often. It is mostly
spam.

As I mentioned in a posting a few minutes ago, I have taken some steps
towards providing an interface that could be used to manage users from a
different web interface - even on another machine. Look at the software
again:

http://gnudip2.sourceforge.net/gnudip-www/src/gnudip-2.3.5/maintenance_commands.html

  http://gnudip2.sourceforge.net/gnudip-www/src/gnudip-2.3.5/remote.html

As I have explained before on this list, I have not been disciplined
about bumping up version numbers. I am looking for a volunteer to do
release management.

I think this interface could be expanded to allow the GnuDIP web
interface to to be completely replaced. I have not done this because:

  * the client who needs this and is paying me to do it does need to go
that far

  * if people put the web interface on the web, there are more pointers
to my site

Why don't you have a look at the interface now. If you don't think it
could be expanded to do the sort of thing you are interested in, SAY SO
NOW - before my paying client starts to use it!!!

Geordy Korte wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> This might be a very odd request but I thought I would pass it along this
> list before I started work.  At o2w.nl we have a user interface system
> setup that user can use to view many things.  I would like to integrate
> gnudip into the interface.  I have looked at the source code of the HTM
> system and seen that the password authentication is based on MD5.  Has
> anyone actually integrated the websystem into a working other system.
> The main reason for this integration is that we would like users to only
> enter their passwords once.  I have also noticed the quick login system
> that is implemented; could this be an easier way of integration?
>
> if anyone has any experience then let me know so I choose the easiest and
> safest method.
> --
> Geordy Korte

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]           | ICQ 14458242
> http://www.o2w.nl       | "Bundeling strengths"

Creighton MacDonnell
http://macdonnell.ca/