Hi,

This should be stored using most probably GSettings and DConf (unless
things have been built using unusual settings). There is probably
something wrong with your installation. The path in DConf (you can
access it through DConf Editor) is
org/gnome/gnumeric/core/gui/toolbars.

Hope this can help,
Jean