On 15/02/18 16:16, Eugene Bernstein wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>

> I have a question about ssconvert usage.
>

> We are loading Call Data Records(CDR) into HDFS, some records are in
> .xlsx format, and I am using ssconvert from Gnumeric package
> gnumeric-1.10.10-2.el7.lux.1.x86_64.rpm on RHEL 7.3 to convert these
> into .csv format, before loading them into Hadoop.
>

> Here is the command line that I use:
>

> $ssconvert --export-type=Gnumeric_stf:stf_csv Integra12282017.xlsx
>

> Even if I use the following command :
>

> $ssconvert  Integra12282017.xlsx Integra12282017.csv
>

> I still get the following messages:
>

> Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11
>
> GConf Error: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
>
> Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11
>
> GConf Error: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
>
> Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11
>
> GConf Error: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
>
> Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11
>
> GConf Error: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
>
> Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11
>
> GConf Error: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
>
> Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11
>

> Using exporter Gnumeric_stf:stf_csv
>
> Unexpected element 'a:miter' in state :
>
>         theme -> themeElements -> fmtScheme -> lnStyleLst -> ln
>
> Unexpected element 'a:miter' in state :
>
>         theme -> themeElements -> fmtScheme -> lnStyleLst -> ln
>
> Unexpected element 'a:miter' in state :
>
>         theme -> themeElements -> fmtScheme -> lnStyleLst -> ln
>
> Unexpected element 'a:extLst' in state :
>
>         theme
>
> Unexpected element 'extLst' in state :
>
>         styleSheet
>

> Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11
>
> GConf Error: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
>
> Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11
>
> GConf Error: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
>
> Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11
>
> GConf Error: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
>
> Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11
>

> (ssconvert:52725): GConf-WARNING **: Directory `/apps/gnumeric' was
> not being monitored by GConfClient 0x11d8360
>

> The ssconvert still creates the .csv file, which is complete,
> nonetheless I am concerned about all these msgs.
>

> I cannot find anything on the web to that regard. Our sysadmins have
> not seen these either.
>

> Please, advice as to the severity of these warnings. Can they just be
> ignored, and if “yes”, how to suppress them?
>

> Thanks,
>

> *Eugene Bernstein*
>
> *Granite Telecommunications *
>
> Data Warehouse & BI
>
> 150 Newport Ave. Extension
>
> Quincy, MA 02171
>

> *ph.*  617.837.5719
>
> *w.   * http://www.granitenet.com <http://www.granitenet.com/>
>
> cid:image005.png@01D399D0.69C98C60
> [...]

Eugene,

I think the requirement is a running DBUS daemon within the shell, we
got over by having this at the start of our scripts that used ss-convert:

    # ssconvert needs a dbus session, so test for an existing bus
    daemon, just to be safe
    if test -z "$DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS" ; then
      # if not found, launch a new one
      export $(dbus-launch)
      echo "D-Bus per-session daemon address is: $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS"
    fi

and then this at the end:

    # kill bus daemon
    kill $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID