On Wednesday, 1 May 2024 19:24:25 BST Simon Josefsson via Gnupg-devel wrote:
> Werner Koch via Gnupg-devel <gnupg-devel@gnupg.org> writes:
> I had several problems building/running this and eventually became tired
> of fixing small issues (mostly build environment related)

FWIW I also ran into a few problems when trying to build the beta.

I believe the correct build instruction should have been

  make -f build-aux/speedo.mk this-native

At least that’s what I had to use on my machine. With `native`, Speedo
attempted to use the latest *released* versions of Libassuan and Libgcrypt,
resulting in GnuPG itself failing to build since it depends on newer versions
of those libraries that have not been released yet.

With `this-native`, Speedo will use the already unpacked sources provided in
the tarball (in PLAY/src).

Another problem is that when building bzip2, it would try to install a header
in /usr/local, instead of the PLAY root. Not sure why, but I didn’t investigate
further. I just removed bzip2 from the list of packages (variable
`speedo_spkgs`) and let GnuPG use my system-wide bzip2 instead.

Hope this helps.

- Damien