On Aug 27, 2009, at 10:36 AM, John Betz wrote:

I appreciate the offer David, but I don't have PowerArchiver so I can't create a sample input file. The file I am trying to decrypt is coming from another source so I would have to get them involved in order to create a sample archive file. Because WinZip is compatible, I am able to open with PGP and then extract the individual files. The problem is specifically with
GPG - and I am using that because PGP doesn't run in batch mode.

My original thought was that there must be something I was doing wrong when decrypting the file, but based on the feedback I am getting, and my review
of available commands and options I doubt that is the issue.

Try 'gpg --list-packets <thefile>'.  What does that return?

David