On 16/09/16 22:09, Stephan Beck wrote:
> Sorry for the delayed response.
> It's not enough to simply copy and paste all the files into the new
> ~/.gnupg directory, as you write you did in your previous mail. You have
> to run gpg2 with the --import option to import your public key and then
> (having your smartcard inserted and doing a gpg2 --card-status) generate
> key stubs for the secret subkeys on the new system.From what you say, it
> seems that you haven't done this. It's my wild guess that things may
> have gone wrong there.

Thank you Stephan - got it working.  For the record, I did not undo
anything that I had previously done. Just left the installation as it
was then did :

gpg2 --import /path-to-my-key/mykey.asc
inserted smartcard
gpg2 --card-status

then run tests. Can now sign and encrypt emails, sign and encrypt and
decrypt files although verify on its own causes me a problem but I
shouldn't think that is connected with the smartcard.

Thanks.
Philip