On Wed,  9 Aug 2017 20:07, aheinl...@gmx.com said:

> after reading today's announcement of GNuPG 2.1.23, I had the idea of
> having a system-wide /etc/gnupg.conf, to disable the new
> auto-key-retrieve etc. User's gnupg.conf should still be used and
> override the same options in the system-wide conf.

What you can do is to use the applygnupgddefaults script to modify all
user's conf files.  However, it is easier to create a profile and apply
its content:

Create this file:

[gpg]
no-auto-key-retrieve
auto-key-locate local

and use

  gpgconf --apply-profile THATFILE

to update the current user's gpg.conf.  Or use this one liner:

  printf "[gpg]\nno-auto-key-retrieve\nauto-key-locate local\n" \
    | gpgconf --apply-profile

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner