On 19/02/18 21:06, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
> Try symmetric encryption / decryption.

GnuPG uses hybrid encryption. Content is already encrypted with
symmetric encryption, and only the randomly generated symmetric key, 16
or 32 bytes large usually, is encrypted asymmetrically to the recipient,
possibly twice as OP mentioned two customers.

Since symmetric mode of GnuPG uses passphrase stretching, I doubt that
would be faster anyway, though I haven't tried this.

The problem appears to be somewhere else. However, I think the OP should
provide more details. File sizes, specifications of the computers it
runs on, software versions...

My first instinct is: there is insufficient randomness, and GnuPG is
blocking waiting for more to become available before it can do any work.

Peter.