Not sure if this is the right place to send this, but I figured I’d start here
since keys.gnupg.net seems to be hardcoded as a default in the source code for
GnuPG.

The company I work for leverages Palo Alto products for security, and we
recently observed that keys.gnupg.net was not resolving properly. After digging
into it, we discovered that Palo Alto is flagging keys.gnupg.net as a Malware
site.

I’ve gone ahead and submitted a request for them to reclassify it as a
non-malicious “Computer and Internet Info,” but that doesn’t exactly answer
_why_ it was flagged. And it looks like they may have just changed it while I
was in the process of writing this email (can be checked at
https://urlfiltering.paloaltonetworks.com/query/ ).

I did observe that at least one of the pool members seems to not be configured
properly (if I do a ‘curl -k -H 'Host: http-keys.gnupg.net'
https://37.191.226.104’ it displays a busted Matomo page).

And I’m left wondering if one of the pool members was serving up something that
caused Palo Alto to flag keys.gnupg.net.

Oddly enough, neither hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net nor sks-keyserver.net was
blocked.

--Tim