Folks,

Is there any facility in GnuPG, or any neat hacks which can be applied
to current releases, to be able to remap WKD queries to go to specified
.onion hosts?

Eg, <https://onion.debian.org/> lists:

    openpgpkey.debian.org: http://habaivdfcyamjhkk.onion/

and indeed if I use `gpg --list-keys --with-wkd-hash debian.org` and
pick someone vaguely at random, I can run:

    curl -fSs
http://habaivdfcyamjhkk.onion/.well-known/openpgpkey/debian.org/hu/ycp4ih1jtsdky6d6ufee9h3txmmaqgag
 | gpg --import

and it works.

My understanding is that for .onion hostname services they already have
security equivalent to TLS providing privacy in their direct links onto
Tor, so if I trust my access to my Tor gateway, this gives enough
privacy.

So I'd be looking for something morally equivalent to having
`~/.gnupg/onion-wkd-mappings.txt` containing lines like, well, the
snippet I pasted above from the onion.debian.org page (with comments etc
allowed too, so I can record the provenance of mappings), or some moral
equivalent (directory with entries to be remapped, etc).

Or am I looking at just a thin shell wrapper to do the mappings needed
to invoke `curl | gpg` as above?  I'm thinking that with dirmngr already
having some Tor support, it's a better place to automatically do so.

-Phil