If an individual that requests his personal information is
removed (i.e., the "right to be forgotten") is EU resident,
GDPR applies regardless of the jurisdiction in which the
information server is located.

"Right to be forgotten" doesn't exist in the United States. It's a violation of our First Amendment, which guarantees our right to communicate essentially anything that's true -- and even many things that are false! -- so long as we haven't signed a security clearance agreement.

We take this so seriously that when a major news magazine wanted to publish accurate details about the design of nuclear weapons, they were allowed to do so and no one went to jail for it. (_The Progressive,_ November 1979, if you feel like looking it up in your library. It was the first public release of the physics behind the H-bomb.)

If the United States is forbidden from stopping me from sharing facts about nuclear weapon design, it's also going to be forbidden from enforcing the GDPR's prohibition on my telling other people your email address.

The EU likes to claim the GDPR applies everywhere information on EU residents is kept. So long as we've got United States Marines, y'all are going to have real problems convincing us of that. :)