I am trying to run GnuPG with a different home directory by setting the environment variable GNUPGHOME. However, in that case, for instance when trying to generate a key, in that case I get the error

gpg: DBG: chan_4 <- ERR 67108949 No pinentry <GPG Agent>
gpg: agent_genkey failed: No pinentry
Key generation failed: No pinentry

I wonder what makes the difference. The only relevant files I found in my normal home directory are those under ~/.gnupg. But there seems to be no agent configuration file in that directory.

Can anyone give me an advice what I can try to get the GnuPG Agent pinentry working with different home directory specified via GNUPGHOME?

- Falko

--

*MTG AG*
Dr. Falko Strenzke

Phone: +49 6151 8000 24
E-Mail: falko.stren...@mtg.de
Web: mtg.de <https://www.mtg.de>

MTG AG - Dolivostr. 11 - 64293 Darmstadt, Germany
Commercial register: HRB 8901
Register Court: Amtsgericht Darmstadt
Management Board: Jürgen Ruf (CEO), Tamer Kemeröz
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Thomas Milde

This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the correct recipient or have received this email in error, please inform the sender immediately and delete this email. Unauthorised copying or distribution of this email is not permitted.

Data protection information: Privacy policy <https://www.mtg.de/en/privacy-policy>