Hello,

in the past I used
Windows 10
+ Smartcard
+ MobaXterm
for SSH public key authentication w/o problems incl. SSH forward.

Now I have a new device with Windows 11, and I want to use the same Smartcard for SSH public key authentication using Win 11 (native) SSH client.

Therfore I installed
- Gpg4win 4.2 (latest version)
- PowerShell 7 (latest version)
- PuTTY 0.8 (latest version)
and configured gpg.conf and gpg-agent.conf.
I don't intend to install git BASH assuming PowerShell 7 provides a working shell.

I can run gpg --card-status and ssh-add -L w/o problems, means I can display all information stored on my Smartcard and the SSH public key (key ends with "cardno:0005_000080CE".

However when I try to connect to a SSH server public key authentication fails.

I found this statement when searching for a solution:
"[...] The ssh-pageant provides the same kind of functionality to ssh but, as opposed to ssh-agent, does speak the PuTTY protocol. This enables ssh to speak with the gpg-agent via the ssh-pageant.[...]"

Can you please advise how to fix this issue?