From: Sergii Stoian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Gregory John Casamento <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: GNUstep Developers <gnustep-dev@gnu.org>
Sent: Monday, July 9, 2007 8:04:00 AM
Subject: Re: Project Center status, or lack thereof...

Hello, Gregory.

Actually some time ago I've got huge amount of work in real life. So I'll also
want to see somebody providing
maintanance of ProjectCenter. I'll try to continue working on PC as my real
life job let me do it.

My apologies to GNUstep community for silence about PC development status. Let
me put some
information about what is already done in SVN for upcoming 0.5.0 release of PC
(excerpt from ANNOUNCE):

 * Added new project types "Framework" and "Resource Set".

   * Implemented on demand loading of bundles (project types, editor).

   * Impemented localization support for projects.

   * Some user interface ehnancements were made (save restore geometry of

     subviews in project window splitview, drag and drop for icons).

   * Clicking on .m and .h file in project browser expands to file structure
     (classes, methods).

   * Incorporated ProjectManager's editor with some modifications. Syntax color

     highlighting works.

   * Rewritte bundle loading mechanizm. All bundle now loaded on demand.

   * All windows and panels are now GORM files.

   * Fixes for MingW environment (thanks to Adam Fedor).

   * Support for separate build directory added.

On 7/8/07, Gregory John Casamento <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:
All,

I would like to get this fixed at some point.  PC is one of our core
applications and it should work with the latest release, but yet it's not
gnustep-make 2.0 compliant which, basically, renders it useless.  See this
comment:

"As can be seen, I did not create a ProjectCenter packages because the current
release (
0.4.3) does not work with make 2.0!  I do request that a new version be release
to conform to the current make release."

I've been thinking lately about plans to integrate Gorm and ProjectCenter... to
have better communication between them.    I would prefer to have someone to
work with on this instead of doing it all myself as my work load for my company
has increased dramatically lately (yes... running a consulting company takes
time and effort).

My sincerest apologies to Serge, but I would appreciate it if anyone who is
interested in maintaining PC would let me know.

Thanks, GJC
--
Gregory Casamento

--