Hello. If there is another place where this question should be put, please
advise. I installed the gnuwin32 installer package from sourceforge.  The
initial install was not entirely without incident, but I do believe that I
managed to complete it after a little fiddling and restarts. I have read the
'Readme.txt" file about "Maintaining a GnuWin32 package list and
installation directory", and I have created the CLI startup links. Now I
have a couple of questions.

First, do I understand correctly that there is no built in "man" command
functionality that will load a manual for the commands? From the startup
links, I can see multiple instruction files for the commands in several
different formats: Windows Help files, HTML, PDFs, and a slew of TXT files.
These TXT files are in various "cat" subfolders in the gnuwin32/man
directories.

However, whenever I type "man" <command> at the shell prompt in the Gnuwin32
environment, it returns this:

man:
not executing command:
/unsafe/

Is this normal behavior?

Secondly, I am not perfectly clear on the procedure for updating my
installation. Should I simply run the "update.bat" file at some time in the
future? Does it manage the process? Does it look to see which of these
programs have been unzipped and utilized in order to decide which of them to
update? Thanks.

John