Hello,

I am seeing some strange behavior with GoCD. We are trying to run a
pipeline with a specific git revision
(7bf17ab3ff980fa691d946cacf7f4fdb09a90809),
though when I go to the UI and search for this sha for the material,
nothing comes up. I did some digging and it looks like other than the last
15ish commits (about 10 days worth of work) no longer show up in the UI and
we are unable to build with them even when entering the exact sha.

I have pulled the following out of the logs:

2016-09-22 18:19:39,307 ERROR [59@MessageListener for
MaterialUpdateStatusNotifier] BuildCauseProducerService:248 - Error while
scheduling pipeline: loadtest-edx-ecommerce

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to find revision
[7bf17ab3ff980fa691d946cacf7f4fdb09a90809] for material
[GitMaterial{url=https://github.com/edx/ecommerce.git, branch='master',
submoduleFolder='null', shallowClone=false}]

        at
com.thoughtworks.go.server.materials.MaterialChecker.findSpecificRevision(MaterialChecker.java:52)

        at
com.thoughtworks.go.server.materials.SpecificMaterialRevisionFactory.create(SpecificMaterialRevisionFactory.java:53)

        at
com.thoughtworks.go.server.scheduling.BuildCauseProducerService.newProduceBuildCause(BuildCauseProducerService.java:177)

        at
com.thoughtworks.go.server.scheduling.BuildCauseProducerService$WaitForPipelineMaterialUpdate.onMaterialUpdate(BuildCauseProducerService.java:416)

        at
com.thoughtworks.go.server.materials.MaterialUpdateStatusNotifier.onMessage(MaterialUpdateStatusNotifier.java:55)

        at
com.thoughtworks.go.server.materials.MaterialUpdateStatusNotifier.onMessage(MaterialUpdateStatusNotifier.java:29)

        at
com.thoughtworks.go.server.messaging.activemq.JMSMessageListenerAdapter.runImpl(JMSMessageListenerAdapter.java:65)

        at
com.thoughtworks.go.server.messaging.activemq.JMSMessageListenerAdapter.run(JMSMessageListenerAdapter.java:50)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

And here is a link to the commit history of the
project: https://github.com/edx/ecommerce/commits/master

Any Idea what is going on here? Should I expect to see this sha in the
list?

Thanks,

Brian