We kind of worked around this by including the materials in the downstream
pipelines but never fetching them in any stage - probably not an ideal

Also whats happened over time is we seem to rely less on physical email
notifications and more on Slack notifiers and build monitors (radiators)
that we have custom built.

Go should still probably do this out of the box though as trace ability
through the value stream to me is one of the USPs of Go-Cd.