The "agent name" currently maps directly to the "hostname" attribute in
XML. This is something that can be updated via the API
<https://api.gocd.io/current/#update-an-agent>.

Additionally, during auto-registeration
<https://docs.gocd.io/current/advanced_usage/agent_auto_register.html>,
it's possible to setup a hostname of your choice by setting the
autoregister property *agent.auto.register.hostname*.

This property was specifically introduced to be able to identify multiple
agents on the same machine. I believe you were the one who opened the ticket
<https://github.com/gocd/gocd/issues/124> :)

Are you suggesting that this behaviour is now broken?