Hi

I wouldn't expect the number of commits to cause that much of a performance
hit.

its more likely the issue is with the size of the XML document its self as
it does a merge each time its edited that seems to give performance issues,
I would suggest checking what is no longer used (eg templates) and pruning
it down.

Kind regards

Barry