> I would like to simplify even more problem description. Basically I have
X agents. I need to call a "manager" that tells me "there is a free agent".
Then I tell the "manager" to run a software on that agent. If there are no
more free agents I wait.

This is exactly how GoCD works - Manager (the GoCD Server) has X agents
configured, foreach job (pipeline / stage / job) that you  trigger, the
Manager waits until it finds a free agent and executes it there. What to
execute is specified as tasks within the pipeline / stage / job spec.

--

Ashwanth Kumar / ashwanthkumar.in