From: goal-bounces at eprints.org [mailto:goal-boun...@eprints.org] On Behalf
Of Stevan Harnad
Sent: Saturday, 24 December 2011 1:04 AM
To: Global Open Access List (Successor of AmSci)
Subject: [GOAL] Re: The Titanium Road response

For the perplexed reader who wonders what on earth two OA advocates -- long
on the same team, and still on the same team -- are disagreeing about: it's
just about where the time and effort of OA advocates is best invested.

I am for redoubling efforts to persuade institutions and funders to adopt
Green OA Mandates (now with the help of EOS), and Arthur is for encouraging
researchers to adopt the Titanium Technology (e.g. Mendeley) which could
provide OA as a side-effect (if adopted).

That's all.

Both of us would like to see OA prevail before we become nitrogen nourishing
future generations.

I wish Arthur the best of luck in promoting Titanium. I'm sure he does not
wish me any less in promoting Green OA mandates.

Peace.

Stevan Harnad