It seems that Sage Open is almost too reasonably priced for what they offer …
but I am a science librarian who doesn’t know much about the soft
sciences/humanities publishing.

This from:
http://www.sagepub.com/journalsProdDesc.nav?prodId=Journal202037#tabview=title

 1. Quick review and decision times for authors
 2. Speedy, continuous-publication online format
 3. Global distribution of your research via SAGE Journals Online, including
    enhanced online features such as:

public usage metrics, comments features, subject categories, and article ranking
and recommendations

 1. Professional copyediting and typesetting of your article will ensure quality
 2. $395 introductory author acceptance fee (discounted from the regular price
    of $695)

Dana L. Roth
Millikan Library / Caltech 1-32
1200 E. California Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91125
626-395-6423  fax 626-792-7540
dzr...@library.caltech.edu
http://library.caltech.edu/collections/chemistry.htm