I agree that portraying 'green' OA as not providing 'real' OA is to be avoided.
"Real OA" has become a wholly meaningless term, due to the proliferation of
different perceptions that has taken place, unintentionally or deliberately.
Instead, using the unambiguous "BOAI-compliant OA" is to be recommended.

(i) Observing that Gratis Green OA and its mandates do not (necessarily)
provide BOAI-compliant OA is just observing a fact; not "deprecating Gratis
Green OA".
(ii) I'm not aware of anybody advocating mandates for BOAI-compliant 'green'
OA. Advocating BOAI-compliant 'green' OA, emphatically yes. Mandating it, no.
(iii) I'm not aware of anybody advocating mandates for 'gold' OA. Examples,
please, if you have them. Preferences, yes. Mandates, no.
(iv) See (iii).

Jan Velterop