Adoption of open access in Theological Studies will accelerate with a new
generation of scholars--like Jack
http://oaopenaccess.wordpress.com/2012/12/07/adoption-of-open-access-in-theological-studies-will-accelerate-with-a-new-generation-of-scholars-like-jack/

Jack Weinbender works half-time in our library as my assistant. He’s a whiz
around an Excel spreadsheet, so I regularly put him to work gathering and
representing our user and resource statistics. He’s also a mean (self-taught!)
web coder, so I put him to work implementing the recent re-design of our
website. It looks great!

Jack is a senior at a nearby seminary. He is currently preparing applications
to various doctoral programs in ancient Near Eastern and biblical studies for
next Fall. Jack is an excellent student and a competent researcher. I hate the
prospect of losing him as an employee, but I sincerely wish him well in his
desire to find a placement for continuing his studies.

The other day Jack shared with me a draft of the Statement of Intent he is
preparing to accompany his applications. As I was reading, I encountered this
excerpt (included with permission)…

Gary F. Daught
Omega Alpha | Open Access
Advocate for open access academic publishing in religion and theology
http://oaopenaccess.wordpress.com
oa.openaccess at gmail.com | @OAopenaccess