This is very interesting!

I can see how this policy would be helpful to a new journal in providing
quick background information for necessary editorial revisions or even
ultimate rejection or acceptance. This could also be helpful to authors
whose publications are not outstanding due to the quality of their research
but rather due to space constraints or subject appropriateness.

However, I wouldn't consider it acceptable as the sole decision-making
criteria unless the rejecting publisher provided the reviews directly to the
new journal in order to ensure a true blind peer review without author bias.
I would hope that the editors of the International Journal of Medical
Sciences conduct a second independent round of review.

Regards,

Charlotte Roh

Scholarly Communications Resident Librarian

W.E.B. Du Bois Library

University of Massachusetts

Amherst, MA  01003

Phone: (413)545-6872