[ Apologies for cross-posts. We are hiring a postdoc in sunny Brisbane.
We are looking for a data scientist who is interested in developing new
methods for tracking the impact of open publishing. ]
The QUT Digital Media Research Centre and Faculty of Law are hiring a
postdoc in Data and Policy. This is an exciting opportunity to work
within a vibrant trans-disciplinary research environment. The position
is designed to develop new research agendas, methods, and collaborations
in data-driven policy analysis. The research will specifically focus on
two related themes: Data-driven policy: develop new methodological
approaches to combine open data, big social data, computational tools,
and visualisations to better inform the development of public policy and
public debate. Tracking the impact of open access publishing and open
data: work with industry and scholarly partners to develop new methods
and metrics to extend and augment traditional measures of impact of open
data and open access scholarly works and public communications. The
position is for one year, renewable for another year. The salary range
is $AUD62,490 to $AUD84,793. We are looking for candidates with a PhD in
any relevant field, including law, information, media communications, or
social science. Applicants should have experience in one or more of:
data analysis, visualisation or data-journalism, or computational
methods, and candidates who can move across fields and methods are
strongly preferred. The full position description is available here:
https://goo.gl/KJCpfs If you have any questions, please contact Nic
Suzor: n.su...@qut.edu.au <mailto:n.su...@qut.edu.au>. Application form
here: https://goo.gl/1qRDJ6
-- Nicolas Suzor <n.su...@qut.edu.au <mailto:n.su...@qut.edu.au>>