Thank you Franck this is very helpful.

According to this website, the current inflation rate for Switzerland is .8,
i.e. less than one per cent:

https://tradingeconomics.com/switzerland/consumer-price-index-cpi

I see that a quarter of MDPI's journals have an average price increase of
27.3%. It appears that MDPI is not making decisions about price increases based
on such factors as consumer price increase or inflation rates.

List members who are interested in supporting OA through paying APCs could
benefit from understanding how this works in order to budget for future needs.
Can you explain MDPI's current and/or projected future pricing strategy?

MDPI is one of the publishers who offers "free for now" publishing in order to
attract content for new journals. As an author, I have benefited from this as
well as from MDPI's high quality professional editing and peer review. However,
if those who pay APCs do not take this practice into account, they will find
themselves short of funds in future when established journals start charging
APCs, as 10% of MDPI's journals did this year by your account.

Two other notes / questions from MDPI for this year that I wonder if you would
like to comment on?

  *   new pricing coming in July
  *   partnership with Knowledge Unlatched - on MDPI's APC price list that some
journals are
"* free for authors; APC funded by Knowledge
Unlatched<http://www.knowledgeunlatched.org>" from:
http://www.mdpi.com/about/apc

best,

Heather Morrison

Associate Professor, School of Information Studies, University of Ottawa

Professeur Agrégé, École des Sciences de l'Information, Université d'Ottawa

heather.morri...@uottawa.ca

https://sustainingknowledgecommons.org

https://uniweb.uottawa.ca/?lang=en#/members/706

PS: if CHF is not your local currency, you can find both current and historical
conversion rates through XE currency converter:
https://www.xe.com/currencytables/