On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 10:30:36PM +0100, Ross Mounce wrote:
> It’s funny you mention Google, as Google Scholar was also started by just
> two people ( source:
> https://www.nature.com/news/google-scholar-pioneer-on-search-engine-s-future-1.16269
> ). It’s an apt comparison in that respect. Even today I believe the
> entirety of the Google Scholar team is just 3 people.

Yes, but they were allowed to use Google's search index which gave
them a bit of a headstart.

I, too, would like to know how this project can be protected from
mergers/acquisitions/sellout or sudden death after funding dries up.

Cheers,
Christian

--
  Christian Pietsch · https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8778-1273
  LibTec · Library Technology and Knowledge Management