*Plan S Implementation Feedback - Europe PMC*

Europe PMC (life sciences literature archive) has submitted a formal response to the implementation guidelines for Plan S.

Our response suggests how core services could provide required technical capability, working together with the institutional repository network to ensure Plan S compliance and support Plan S goals.

We strongly support the adoption of the technical guidelines regarding the use of JATS/XML, as it provides the best opportunity for discovery, interoperability and reuse of the full text content, with the caveat that this approach cannot be effectively implemented within the institutional repository system due to high cost and technical limitations. We believe that large-scale, aggregated and shared service(s) could deliver the core technical requirement, while providing distribution mechanisms to the IR community.

We welcome your feedback to this response, which is publicly available on Europe PMC blog: http://blog.europepmc.org/2019/02/europe-pmc-plan-s-feedback.html.

Best wishes,
Maria

--
Maria Levchenko
Community Manager, Europe PMC

Visit our blog: blog.europepmc.org
Connect with us on Twitter: twitter.com/EuropePMC_news