Dear colleagues,

One of the discussions of Plan S is about its impact on researchers from
less wealthy institutions. The article below is typical and I found the
comment below insightful.

It made me wonder, would it be possible to link APCs to the service
level? We could make a system where you can only ask for the maximum APC
mentioned in plan S if you provide all services required by Plan S,
while journals fulfilling less requirements would have a lower maximum APC.

Maybe an old idea/compromise, but I had not seen it anywhere yet.

With best regards,
Victor Venema
https://grassroots.is

https://theconversation.com/how-the-open-access-model-hurts-academics-in-poorer-countries-113856