This post is a public response to Debat and Babini's article Plan S in Latin
America: A precautionary note and invitation to participate in open peer review.

In brief: Latin America has long been a leader in open access. Debat and Babini
are experts without peers; their article should be read carefully by open
access policy-makers not only in Latin America, and those involved with PlanS
in Europe, but everywhere else, too.

Latin America: long-time peerless leader in open access:
https://wordpress.com/post/sustainingknowledgecommons.org/3463

Should the authors desire a full open peer review, it would be an honour for me
to undertake this work, under the conditions explained in the following post
(e.g. my work must be OA with ARR copyright - no CC license, with explanation):
https://wordpress.com/post/sustainingknowledgecommons.org/3463

This has inspired me to update a 2005 post (building on prior work of Harnad
and others) on open peer review, with ideas, links and an invitation to
participate in experimentation and discussion, which can be found here:
https://wordpress.com/post/sustainingknowledgecommons.org/3463

best,

Dr. Heather Morrison

Associate Professor, School of Information Studies, University of Ottawa

Professeur Agrégé, École des Sciences de l'Information, Université d'Ottawa

Principal Investigator, Sustaining the Knowledge Commons, a SSHRC Insight
Project

sustainingknowledgecommons.org

heather.morri...@uottawa.ca

https://uniweb.uottawa.ca/?lang=en#/members/706