Linda Diniz Braganza has spent a lifetime in music and still has those
magic fingers on the keyboard. She was with Ecstasy (two years), The Bees
(a year), and Timoteo's Goan Cultural Folklore Troupe (13 years). She has
performed as a solo pianist at the Hotel Mandovi for a total of nine years. She
recalls: "I come from a musical family. My mother plays the mouth organ, my
father was a music lover, my brother Constancio played the keyboard for the
band Syndicate. My sister Bernadette Diniz plays the violin and my late
sister Clara Diniz played the piano. I'm a bad stammerer, started
stammering at the age of five. But I loved music and learnt to play the
piano." "I could express my self very well in music since I could not speak
fluently due to stammering. I started learning the piano at the age of 11
at the Academia de Musica [the old and prominent music school in Panjim]
and completed Grade 8 from the Trinity College of Music London in 1983." Side
by side, she won small school and college piano instrumental competitions
then played for choirs. She felt like playing for bands. That's how she got
started with Ecstasy. Its members were: Henry Pinheiro, rhythm guitar &
vocals; Darryl Figueiredo, bass guitar; Schubert, lead guitar. After he
left Jude Vaz joined. Joaquim da Costa was on the drums. Grace Gonsalves
was vocals. And there was Linda Diniz on the keyboards. That was in 1983
when the Ecstasy was active. "I remember performing for the Red & Black
dance in Panjim. I have great memories because we played till 8 a.m. in the
morning. We also performed for the 31st December dance at the Cidade de
Goa, at the Old is Gold event of the Club National and for many afternoon
and evening weddings." Linda has "great memories because people enjoyed our
music". They played the waltz, cha, cha, tango, bolero, swings and Goan
songs besides many more. Looking back she adds: "People loved our band very
much because of the choice of music."

Contact Linda on WhatsApp at +91 98819 19506 lindabraga...@yahoo.com Send
your responses to goa...@goanet.org

See and listen:
https://youtu.be/3knDVv8yoyU
https://youtu.be/tMrgeuyVflo
--
FN* फ्रेड्रिक नोरोन्या * فريدريك نورونيا‎ +91-9822122436
AUDIO: https://archive.org/details/goa1556