"ricardo nunes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on
Thursday, May 02, 2002 12:14 PM
Subject: [Goanet] Dr. Ismael Gracias / Uma Dona Portuguesa ...


I would like to have a copy of the book written by the late Dr. Ismael
Gracias about the Portuguese lady (Juliana) who was an ancestor of the
Begums of Bhopal - "Uma Dona Portuguesa na Corte do Gr�o Mogol"

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me finding a place to buy the
book.

Many thanks and regards,

Ricardo Nunes


Dear Ricardo,

I spoke to one of the heirs of Dr. Ismael Gracias and he told me that Dr.
Ismael carried with him all his collections of books, stamps, etc. when he
moved from Goa to Portugal but later on he returned many of his books
(including the one in which you are interested) to Goa and offered them to
the Xavier Centre of Historical Research (XCHR), Alto de Porvorim. The book,
according to him, is no longer on sale anywhere but I suppose that XCHR
might be prepared to provide a xerox copy of the same. (In fact, I myself
would be interested in one and I shall try to obtain it the next time I
visit Goa).

Best regards.

Jorge de Abreu Noronha


=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-W-E-B---S-I-T-E-=-=-=
 To Subscribe/Unsubscribe from GoaNet  |  http://www.goacom.com/goanet
===================================================================
 For (un)subscribing or for help, Contact: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Dont want so many e=mails?  Join GoaNet-Digest instead !
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 Help support non-commercial projects in Goa by advertizing!!
        *               *               *               *
                        Your ad here !!

Reply via email to