What's On In Goa:
* Oct 11: Konkani translation of Satre book, Alliance Francaise
* Oct 12: Goa Orchestra performs at the Kala (Corelli, Bach)
* Oct 15: Magic in town... Illusion India magic show, Pnj then Vasco
* Mid-Oct: 2-day ornithologists workshop, Bondla southernbirdwing.com

Mervyn,

Whatever the etiquettes, the British Royal family still thinks that
it owns the people! The sun has long set on the British Empire.
I am confused about countries like Canada and Australia, wanting to
retain the Queen as their Head of State! I am glad India rid itself of
the monarchy in 1950.

In the US, any President or Presidential candidate simply loves to
shake any hand that comes his/her way. Just see how powerful a figure
an American President is, as compared to the Queen of England! I felt
sorry for that 9 year old. I remember how I used to go to a cricket
match, hoping to shake the hands of my cricket idols. It was just a
matter of pride to tell your friends about who you shook hands with!

Nagesh