What's On In Goa:
* Oct 15: Magic in town... Illusion India show, Panjim then Vasco
* Oct 16-17: Ornithology workshop, Bondla southernbirdwing.com
* Oct 16-27: Vipasana meditation, Alto Porvorim
* Oct 24: Antonio Pereira Puraskar (Award) ceremony, Porvorim

Hi Everyone ! Just want to comment on the Mother Teresa (MT) miracle
controversy. The whole thing is comical yet not something that would draw a
laugh.

The patient and the doctors agree that she had a big tumour which made her
stomach huge...which means it was an advanced tumour. The patient swears the
tumour disappeared due to a miracle attributed to MT. The doctors profess to
have cured it themselves. One doctor has signed on a paper that says the
cure was a miracle. Based on his testimony, the Vatican has agreed to call
MT a saint.

My questions/comments are :

1. Since when have the doctors found such a ready non-surgical cure for
tumour ....especially such advanced ones ? And if yes, they have, then why
are people dying of tumours everyday ?

2. Who on earth is the Vatican to certify that Mother Teresa is a saint.
Sorry if I sound brash but I don't think that anybody in the Vatican or
anywhere else in the world has the moral authority to designate a person of
the stature of Mother Teresa as a saint or whatever. To me she is much above
them all and the very act of conferring a title on her, by someone who is
nowhere near her stature as far as human values go, is almost comical.

3. Why on earth is a documented miracle necessary to decide on MT's
sainthood ? Isn't the fact, that an European nun spent her entire life
dedicated to the poor and sick of a strange, faraway land, enough of a
miracle in itself ?

Much ado about nothing !!! And a raging controversy which I am sure, would
have had MT distancing herself far away from it were she alive. Whether she
has the title saint conferred on her or not by the Pope, the people have
long ago called her the Saint of the Gutters. And she will live much longer
in the hearts of people as compared to all these doctors, priests and
journalists put together.

Cheers,
Sunila