You can post to GoaNet. Send in your views and comments to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    Mr Roland Martins,

                  In August, I asked Lilian D'Costa for some assistance as I
once read that Goa Desc had access to an advocate. She failed to respond. I
am writing again. I am pleased that you and those you work with are rendering
yeoman service to Goans everywhere.

      I have a case before the police in Mapuca regarding fraud. I was
defrauded using forged signitures by a Parsi who has since deceased (his wife
benefitted and I was told that she was arrested) and the Bank Manager B.P.
Shetcar was arrested in March. The police are dealing with the matter at a
snail's pace and I need to consult a lawyer and wonder if a civil case would
be of help. The matter is also before the Banking Ombudsman of the RBI in
Worli, Bombay, As the originals are in the hands of the Police, he is unable
to make a decision. The originals are supposed to be sent to Hyderabad for
verification of the signitures and as of August, they were not yet despatched
there. I have also lodged a complaint with the Consumers Forum in Panjim. I
plan to return next month to look into the matter and hope that this sordid
matter can be resolved asap.

      Any help or advice you can suggest is much appreciated.

     Edgar Martins
What's On In Goa:
* Oct 16-27: Vipasana meditation, Alto Porvorim
* Oct 24: Antonio Pereira Puraskar (Award) ceremony, Porvorim
* Oct 24-26: Intl conf on trends in hospital care, Cidade de Goa
* Oct 25: Bookings start for CellOne, BSNL's cellular service in Goa
* Oct 29-31: Films on architect Le Corbusier, Goa Col. of Architecture
* Nov 1-17: Swimming classes for children, others. SAG pool, Fatorda