Goa's phone numbers change from Nov 10, 2002. Prefix old number with a 2. New numbers
will be seven-digit 2XXXXXX (where XXXXXX is the old number).

     Dom Martin has shown interest in Goan proverbs. Some time back, I had taken on
the task of posting on goanet a few proverbs at a time but I did not note any interest
or enthusiasm on the part of Goans. Some times I feel that goanet has deteriorated
considerably and the topics are banal. Goans would rather concentrate on conversions,
lip service to religious ethics, RSS, BJP and Vishwa Hindu Parishad bashing (without
any results) rather than showing interest in intellectual persuits. Furthermore, how
many Goans write to those that contribute valuable info appreciating their postings as
a mode of encouraging netters to post and to continue posting.

      Even if one contributed with a 'brain teaser' the response is an insulted
silence. We do not care, we are not interested. We are consigning ourselves to the
dustheap due to our refusal to engage in valuable discussions. It looks like it is
time for us to wake up or else perish. Dom Martin makes a few good points. I wish him
luck.

    Edgar Martins
What's On In Goa (WOIG):
Nov 06 Children's book exhibn opens, Walkabout, Anjuna... (all weekdays)
Nov 06 ArtHouse, Calangute: Chaitali's acrylics on canvas till 19.11
Nov 07 Revision of electoral rolls (till Nov 30) See schedule.
Nov 07 Creative science, for children, Goa Sc Centre (till 16.11)
Nov 10 Corporate summit on IT and biotechnology, Intl Centre (till 11.11)
Nov 17 Goan Engineers and Assoc meet, at Pickering, Canada.
Nov 20 Fr Agnelo's 75th death anniversary, Pilar
Dec 01 Two day conference, Goa Agenda. IT For Society. (Ends 2.12)
Every Sunday: Music therapy sessions at Moira, 5 pm. 278, N.Portugal