Dec 6, 2002, 9.30 am onwards... St Xavier's College Mapusa alumni reunion

I'm glad you said it Regina. Hopefully, women's rights in India will improve. I wonder, though, if it this situation will improve women's rights in the impoverished communities.

- Herman

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Regina Lobo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I am glad that now slowly the Indian people are realizing the importance of the girl child in their life. Dowry is slowly going to end and paying the bride's parents, is a dream come true. The girl's parents feeling that their daughter deserves better means that society is changing for the better especially for the Indian women.

The Desperate Bachelors
India's Growing Population Imbalance Means Brides Are Becoming Scarce

By John Lancaster
Washington Post Foreign Service
Monday, December 2, 2002; Page A01

CHRISTMAS PARTIES
Dec 21 - GOA-LA, Los Angeles, CA, USA, [EMAIL PROTECTED], +1 (714) 821-6168
Dec 14 - New England Goans, Wellesly, MA, USA, [EMAIL PROTECTED], +1 (603) 673-3762
Dec 14 - Goan Association of New Jersey, Inc., Somerset, NJ, USA, +1 (732) 599-7644