From: Corinne Pereira

Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 12:52 AM
Subject: Joke

One day a French baker goes to the barber for a haircut. After the
cut he goes to pay the barber and the barber replies: "I am sorry I
cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service." The baker
is happy and leaves the shop. The next morning when the barber goes to
open his shop, there was a thank you card and a dozen fresh baked
croissants waiting at his door.

The next day a American florist goes to the barber for a haircut. Again, the
barber says "I
cannot accept your money, I am doing this for community service. The
Florist is happy and leaves. The next morning there are a dozen roses
and a thank you card.

An Irish cop goes for a haircut and he also goes to pay the barber after
the cut. But the barber replies: "I'm sorry I cannot accept money from you.
I'm doing community
service." The cop is happy and leaves the shop. The next morning the
barber goes to open his shop, there is a thank-you card and a dozen
hot donuts waiting at his door.

A Goan cook goes for a haircut and he also goes to pay the barber after
the cut. But the barber replies, "I'm sorry I cannot accept money from
you. I'm doing community service." The Goan cook is happy and leaves.
The next morning when the barber goes to open his shop, there he finds a
dozen

Goans waiting for a free haircut!

Ongoing: Exhibition of paintings, Art Chamber, Calangute www.goa-art.com
Dec  14 onwards: Shireen Mody's Goa 2002 exhibition, Arpora. Tel 2276759
Dec  17, 18, 20: Indo-Portuguese furniture, lectures Fundacao  Ph 2230728
Jan  19-22: Gauri Divan's studio pottery, Rust, Aguada Rd Ph 2479340
Dec 23-Jan 7: Dayanita Singh's photo exhibition, Art House Tel 2276123
Jan  18-19: International kite carnival at Morgim beach, Pernem