----------------------------------------------------------
Archives:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/goa-net/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Goanet2003/
----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Gilbert:

The Chief Minister is here in Silicon Valley.  We met for dinner last night along with 
other
Goans.  I also met him for about 5 hours this morning as I took him around 
sight-seeing in the San
Francisco Bay Area.  I was struck by the fact that this is his first visit outside 
Goa.  He seemed
open to hear how things "work" outside India and I think it was mutually educational 
for both of
us to learn from each other's views.

My hospitality for a fellow Goan is the same courtesy we Goans show each other.  We 
candidly
addressed my concerns with the BJP view of the world and talked about a number of 
issues facing
Goa (a private conversation so I will not disclose details). 

His visit here is specifically for the IIT Alumni conference (I am not an IIT grad - 
thankfully!).
 The point I would like to make to you and anyone who is interested in Goa, is that 
change,
progress and development must come as collective effort, and by the individual having 
the most
freedoms and liberties to attain their dreams.  Of the many things the CM learnt today 
is that
America works because the individual (entrepreneur) is allowed to affect change, and 
progress does
not have to be government-driven.  This is where I believe the most progress will come 
in Goa - if
ordinary citizens are free to pursue their dreams, in an equal opportunity 
environment.  Not the
CM, not the BJP, not the Congress, not any political party can replace the human 
spirit set free. 
We in the West need to be reminded of that lesson too.

Best regards,
George Pinto


--- Gilbert Lawrence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The Chief Minister, declined
> to attend the Marathi language mela instead electing to go to San Jose,
> CA, USA, to attend the Informational Technology meeting, has
> demonstrated his priority. Now the CM needs to bring the same priority
> home for the future of Goa, Goans and Goa's IT industry which he wants
> to encourage and develop. Can all in Goa come together once again in
> setting Goa's priorities? The world is watching and so are your
> children. All the best! Regards, GL.
> 


__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Reply via email to