Hi Agnelo, Do you live in Goa?
If yes, I take my hat off to you and I wish I had your courage and guts. If not, why don't you live in Goa? If you can also explain why Goans are leaving Goa in large numbers and why Goans only do well outside Goa, perhaps we can continue our discussion. In a few years, the downgrading process of Goa will be over (when there is nothing else to downgrade) and there will not be a Goa for Goans anymore, not even for those who only want to spend holidays there. I personally know many Goans who have stopped going there even for holidays. While I find it very sad, I can understand their reasons. The attraction for Goa is reducing exponentially. While tourism is getting better and better everywhere else, tourism in Goa already reached its peak in the late nineties and in 2000 and 2001. It is in an irreversible decrease now. If our politicians do not do anything soon (other than getting richer themselves), it will be going, goan, gone (!!) in just a few years! Best regards, Paulo Colaco Dias -----Original Message----- From: Agnelo Mascarenhas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: segunda-feira, 8 de Setembro de 2003 20:26 To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: RE: [Goanet]RE: COLACO Paulo, your love of democracy and freedoms is amazing, your references to manipur and the princely states show that. the portuguese ruled goa for 450 years, can you tell goa-netters when democracy bloomed in goa in those years? are you refering to the free choice that slaves had under slave trade ? are you refering to the the religious freedoms under the inquisition of 250 (...) ########################################################################## # Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts # # More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others # ##########################################################################
