On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 01:08:53 EDT, "Dom Martin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

October 2, 2003

It is comforting to note that once in every while, someone takes the initiative
to light a well-merited candle on someone else's behalf. Basilio Magno, in the
present instance, on the occasion of Minguel Rod's 48th Death Anniversary. Thank
you.

Each age gifts us with legendary songs and there are some legendary songs which
are ageless. Jim Reeves' songs belong to the latter class, and so does Minguel
Rod's. Their songs touch the core of human existence any day, any time,
anywhere. Both died young, through tragic circumstances, and both became
immortal outside the skies of their birth.

The first time I heard either of their songs was when I was 9 years old. To this
day, the evocative effect of their songs remain undiminished in the nucleus of
my own being. There's obviously a difference between those whom we popularly
seek to sing and entertain us, and those whom God (or Immortality) secretly
seeks to sing through.

If my perception is to have any bearing, I sincerely think and feel that in the
galaxy of Konkani songs, Minguel Rod was and still is the most luminous star.
Unashamedly, I still grieve his untimely passing.

Dom Martin.

_______________________
THE  FINAL  CURTAIN
by Basilio Magno (Spain)

The world is a colossal stage and life but the actor on it playing to the script
of Fate from his debut in the mother's arms till the act of breathing the last,
whereupon, falls the final curtain on the drama of life, and no hysterical
encore of tears can yield a  repeat performance.

# Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED]                       #
# PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts #
# More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/              #
# Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others  #